March of Dimes Nurse of the Year Awards
Each year the March of Dimes recognizes extraordinary nurses in efforts to help moms and babies across Missouri and the Metro East Illinois.
The March of Dimes organization takes nominations for outstanding nurses in 23 different disciplines and hosts an annual Nurse of the Year Awards banquet and dinner to celebrate nursing achievements. 2018 and 2019 marked the 7th and 8th Annual Nurse of the Year Awards Banquet and Celebration. Over 800 nominations were submitted each of these years. When a nurse is nominated for an award, they are required to fill out extensive documentation of their achievements within nursing including: professional development, patient care, and community service/outreach. Finalists are chosen in each of the 23 different disciplines, and then one winner is selected in each group.
In 2018, six nurses from Memorial were recognized as finalists during the March of Dimes banquet. In four disciplines, a Memorial nurse was recognized as the 2018 March of Dimes Nurse of the Year Winner in their specialty.
In 2019, seventeen nurses from Memorial were recognized as finalists. In two disciplines, a Memorial nurse was recognized as the 2019 March of Dimes Nurse of the Year Winner in their specialty.
*Denotes WINNER in the selected category.
2018 March of Dimes Award Recipients
- 2018 Champion of Nursing- Donna Stephens DNP, RN, RNC-OB
- Surgical Services Discipline- Cathy Fenton* MSN, RN, CNOR
- General Medical/Adult Care Discipline- Janet Heck* RN
- Case Management Discipline- Tammy Dauphin* MSN, RN-BC ACM, CNL
- Education Discipline- Amy Hamilton DNP, RN-BC
- Clinical Informatics Discipline- Mona LeGrand* MSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM
- Education Discipline- Angie Mann MSN, MPH, RNC-OB, IBCLC
2019 March of Dimes Award Recipients
- General Medical Discipline- Charlotte Ligon RN-BC
- Rising Star Discipline- Brittany Schulte* RN-BC
- Nursing Administration Discipline- Maria Ballard DNP, RN
- Women’s Health & Obstetrics Discipline- Jeannine Kochmann MSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, WHNP
- Nursing Administration Discipline- Kim Howell DNP, PhD, RN, CCRN
- Women’s Health & Obstetrics Discipline- Deborah Gross BSN, RN, IBCLC Nursing Administration Discipline- Vickie Henry MSN, RN, CPAN
- Surgical Services Discipline- Jennifer Hill* RN, CPAN
- Case Management Discipline- Mary Jane Maxfield RN, ACM
- Charge Nurse/Frontline Supervisor Discipline- Kristin Atchisson BSN, RN-BC
- Student Discipline- Grant Herring BSN, RN
- Charge Nurse/Frontline Supervisor Discipline- Barry Payne BSN, RN, CCRN
- Women’s Health & Obstetrics Discipline- Jennifer Sturgeon MSN, RN, RNC-OB, C-EFM, RNC-MNN
- Nursing Administration Discipline- Jennifer Durbin MSN, RN-BC
- Community Skilled Nursing Discipline- Carrie Christ MSN, RN-BC, ACM
- Critical Care Discipline- Vicki Hilmes MSN, RN
- Infection Control & Quality/Risk Management Discipline- Cheryl Wright MSN, RN-BC, CIC