Research, Evidence-Based Practice, and Dissemination of Nursing Projects
Find out about the Nursing Research & Evidence-Based Practice Council, nurse-driven research projects, and improvement initiatives.
Nursing Research & Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Council
Memorial Hospital Belleville and Memorial Hospital Shiloh have long-standing Nursing Research & Evidence-Based Practice Council to support the implementation of best practices based on recent nursing literature. The council also supports nurses to complete their own research, evidence-based practice, and quality improvement initiatives. The role of the council is to advance professional practice through scientific inquiry, use of EBP and design of research studies.
The responsibilities of the Research & EBP Council include:
- Promote evidence-based nursing practice and research to improve patient care activities
- Review, coordinate, and facilitate evidence-based practice and research in the patient care setting
- Create and maintain research and evidence-based practice culture
- Participate in external nursing research projects
- Mentor and support researchers
- Collaborate with other councils, committees, and departments to incorporate evidence into practice
- Support dissemination of research through conference presentation and publishing
- Facilitate coordination of interdisciplinary issues related to research
Each year, the council hosts an Annual Nursing Research Symposium, and has been established for over a decade. Nearly 100 nurses, both internal and external to Memorial, as well as nursing students, attend the event each year. The event provides internal and external speakers focusing on recent research and EBP initiatives. Several internal nurses present their projects at the symposium annually. Continuing education hours are offered to nurses, a benefit of attending the program, in addition to the new knowledge gained by the event. In addition to speakers, poster presentations are available for review.
Nurse-Driven Research Projects
Learn more about our current and recently completed nurse-driven research projects.
Find out about our recent dissemination of research, EBP, and quality improvement initiatives.
In This Section
- A Message from the Vice President of Patient Care Services/Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
- Nursing Mission and Vision Statements
- Magnet Recognition
- Nursing by the Numbers
- Professional Practice Model
- Nursing Professional Governance
- Professional Development
- Nursing Awards and Recognition
- Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- Quality and Patient Outcomes
- 2018-2020 Nursing Annual Report
- Nurse Well-Being
- Community Outreach by Nursing Professionals
- Nursing Jobs