One of the most important things you can do to get the best results from your healthcare providers is be involved. Research shows that patients who are involved with their care tend to get better results.
That means taking part in every decision about your healthcare. We will provide you and your family with safe and effective care. Please feel free to talk with your caregiver, charge nurse, or nurse manager if you have questions or concerns. You may also call our Patient Advocate at (618) 257-5662 in Belleville or (618) 607-3134 in Shiloh.
A member of your care team will visit to make sure you feel safe. Our goal is to protect you from falls and ensure your needs are being met. This will happen every hour during the day and every two hours at night. We will not wake you unless needed for care. We aim to answer your call light within five minutes.
Take Medication(s) Safely
- Tell your nurse about allergies or reactions you have to medicine. This will help you from getting medicine that could hurt you.
- Always carry a current list of your medicines with you. This should have prescriptions, over-the-counter medicine(s), herbals, vitamins, or supplements. It is very important that we know everything you take.
- After you show your admitting nurse the medicines you take, please have a family member take them home.
- When you are in the hospital, do not take your medicines from home.
- If you have a question about a medicine the nurse is giving you, please ask.
How Memorial Keeps You Safe When Using Medicines
- Every medicine ordered by your doctor is checked by a pharmacist to make sure it is safe for you.
- Your ID band is scanned each time you get a medicine. This confirms the right medicine is given to the right patient.
Your health is important to us. Please don’t hesitate to ask everyone who enters your room to clean their hands.