Memorial’s DAISY Honorees
Our DAISY Honorees
DAISY is an acronym for Diseases Attacking the Immune System. The foundation was formed in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes. The care that Patrick received by nurses when hospitalized profoundly touched his family and they created this foundation in his honor to recognize extraordinary nursing care. In June 2021, Protestant Memorial Medical Center, Inc. (PMMCI) partnered with the DAISY Foundation to honor nurses through this recognition program. Information about the DAISY foundation along with nomination forms are distributed in all units/departments at both hospital campuses: Memorial Hospital Belleville & Memorial Hospital Shiloh. Additionally, vertical banners are displayed in public areas throughout the hospital to promote the program and encourage nominations from patients, families, community members, and staff. One DAISY award winner is recognized monthly, selected through a blinded review process using DAISY foundation criteria.
Check out our 2021 and 2022 DAISY Honorees, and quotes from their winning nominations.
- November 2021: Francesca Carrara-Brown BSN, RN
- December 2021: Deb Syano BSN, RN, RNC-MNN
- January 2022: Kerry Harbour RN
- February 2022: Hali Gamblin RN
- March 2022: Brian Ripperda BSN, RN
- April 2022: Fran Green RN
- May 2022: Laura Hutchinson RN
- June 2022: In Memory of Mikayla Leveling RN
- July 2022: Shelby Slaner BSN, RN
- August 2022: Chris Holmes BSN, RN
- September 2022: Rinku Patel BSN, RN
- October 2022: Cheryl Courtway RN
- November 2022: Christa Kirby RN-BC
- December 2022: Mary Eden BSN, RN
The DAISY Award is offered at Memorial Hospital in partnership with the DAISY Foundation.