Year End Giving
#TUEgetherWeMakeADiffernce – Giving Tuesday is November 28th and is right around the corner!!
Thank you for your generous support of Memorial Foundation – we are so appreciative of what it allows us to achieve in our community and hospitals. Because of your generosity here is a sample of impacts made in our community in 2023:
- Grants provided to 18 schools/7 school Districts in St. Clair County benefitting over 7,200 children. The goal is to equip children with social and emotional learning skills, teach self-regulation, conflict resolution and so much more. Addressing mental and behavioral challenges in our children assists with staff retention.
- Supported Metro East Every Survivor counts with funding as they address multifaceted forms of oppression and work to end sexual violence by empowering survivors through person-first services and community education.
- Partnered with Heartlinks and St. Clair County Mental Health Department to add suicide-loss support services for children, families, and adults to include trauma counseling, individual and family counseling, grief groups, and community workshops. Research shows that people with a suicide-related loss are 3.7 times more likely to attempt suicide themselves, so early suicide-loss support intervention leads to prevention. Additionally, Heartlinks is providing suicide prevention training to first responders, hospitals, and other organizations across St. Clair County.
- Indigent Care Fund. Last year, Memorial provided $27 million in charity care and financial assistance.
- Providing new Moms and Dads with a safe ride home for their newborn as well as ensuring a safe place to sleep once home.
Our focus this year is on our children, and we invite you to give generously, anytime, but especially on November 28th #TUEgetherWeMakeADifference.
I invite you to participate in #TUEgetherWeMakeADifference – because, together, we can make a difference for so many others. Here are a few suggestions:
- Car seats are $80 each
- Pack N Plays are $70 each
- Sleep Sacks are $11 each
- $275 will purchase a wheelchair
- Initiatives improving mental and behavioral health in our team members and service area – priceless!
We’re excited to see how much we can raise in just 24 hours to support these much-needed initiatives. Please scan the QR code to access our #TUEgetherWeMakeADifference page on our web site to make your donation. Please share this on Facebook, Instagram, and all social media outlets you use, as well as text and email. #TUEgetherWeMakeADifference will be a huge success!
If Giving Tuesday slips by you, please consider a year-end gift online by using the enclosed pledge card and business reply envelope.
Thank you in advance for your support. Best wishes for a happy, healthy holiday season!