Community Outreach by Nursing Professionals
Memorial Hospital Belleville and Memorial Hospital Shiloh provides numerous opportunities for employees, especially nurses, to participate in community outreach events.
Community Outreach events include, but are not limited to:
Health Fairs and Screening Events
Nurses can participate in these events and provide different health screenings such as: blood pressure, blood glucose, bone density, respiratory capacity, amongst others. Health fairs and screening events are held at various locations such as community schools, churches, and event spaces.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Training
At various times throughout the year, nurses can volunteer to help teach BLS at area high schools.
Medical Explorers Program
The Medical Explorers Program is an opportunity for high school students to receive experiences in healthcare to identify future professional career opportunities. Nursing plays a large role in the success of the Medical Explorers Program, offering students hands-on opportunities within the hospital to see different departments, learn about procedures, and understand nursing care responsibilities.
In This Section
- A Message from the Vice President of Patient Care Services/Chief Nursing Officer (CNO)
- Nursing Mission and Vision Statements
- Magnet Recognition
- Nursing by the Numbers
- Professional Practice Model
- Nursing Professional Governance
- Professional Development
- Nursing Awards and Recognition
- Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- Quality and Patient Outcomes
- Nurse Well-Being
- Community Outreach by Nursing Professionals
- Nursing Jobs